Status of the belocs-locales-{bin,data} packages

Hello,

There is currently a grave bug on belocs-locales-data ( #418840
belocs-locales-data: does not work with new libc).

I wonder if it is worth fixing it or if the belocs packages are no more
needed.

They are not currently actively maintained, and IIRC, they were useful
when it was very difficult to introduce new locales in the locales package
(I don't think it is still the case, am I wrong?), to test new
locales before submitting them to the Glibc, to have more up to date
locales.

Does anybody want to maintain these packages?
Are there some languages which really need them?

Kind Regards,
--
Nekral