Re: Please show the timeline for the Etch Release Notes

Hi,

Thank you very much for replying.

From: Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña
Subject: Re: Please show the timeline for the Etch Release Notes
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2007 02:19:29 +0200

> As I said (a week and a half ago [1]) " I will let the list know when they
> are again "stable".". And I have not yet said so.

First of all, sorry.  I missed that mail and felt irritated at the
closing deadline that I believed to happen on April 1st.  If I had
known that I didn't have to be nervous about that date.

> I fully understand that translators and reviewers have their own schedules.
> Believe me if I say that I don't like the current situation and would have
> liked it best if the Release Notes were "stable" a week ago and no in
> constant change.

All right, I understand that not only translators but also
documentation writers feel painful in this situation.

> > Note that translation is not a word-by-word substitution.  Translation
> > requires consideration and reviews by other people just as the
> > original text does.  I need at least a couple of days (and hope one
> > week) to finish translation after the soft freeze of the original
> > text.
>
> I'm not sure that you'll have your week. But I do hope that translators get
> at least 3 days to finish off translations.

No problem.  I'll just try hard.

And finally, thank you for working very hard to improve release notes.

Best wishes,

-nori