Re: Including ttf-indic-fonts in first cd

On Tue, Mar 27, 2007 at 11:33:27PM +0200, Frans Pop wrote:
>On Tuesday 27 March 2007 18:05, Steve McIntyre wrote:
>> How big are all the language tasks?
>
>If I select all language tasks (for just over 50 languages) I get a total
>download size of about 1GB (installed size is a _lot_ bigger), clearly
>not something that can be cramped onto the first CD :-)
>Per language it varies between about 1 and 90 MB.

That's what I feared. :-(

>As I've said before, if a language wants a 1st CD that includes their l10n
>packages and fonts, they should create a custom CD. You could possibly do
>this for a group of languages. However, you should also be aware that
>doing this will push other packages off the first CD.

Yup, sure. Or alternatively we could possibly tweak the packages lists
to try and get all the language tasks on DVD#1. Is that
feasible/useful? I'm hoping so...

"Since phone messaging became popular, the young generation has lost the
 ability to read or write anything that is longer than one hundred and sixty
 characters."  -- Ignatios Souvatzis