Re: Starting a project to review ALL debconf templates in packages

Eddy Petrișor <eddy.petrisor@gmail.com> writes:

> Matthias Julius wrote:
>> Eddy Petrișor <eddy.petrisor@gmail.com> writes:

>>> Also dropping the final "en.po" seems appropriate.
>>
>> Instead, use the path of the *.templates file.
>
> That is not needed since there is only one template per source
> package, so is enough to say '[ITR] po-debconf://package'

Well, it depends.  There can be multiple *.templates files - one for
each binary package.  All the strings then get lumped up into one
templates.pot.  And according to Christian's proposal the reviewers
will review the *.templates files.

In many cases they might be too small to be worth reviewing
separately.  But, there are some large ones.

At the end the *.templates files should be kept in sync with each
other to take advantage of common strings to reduce the work of
translators.  And translators have to deal with the combined
templates.pot anyway.  So, my idea above is probably overkill after
all.  You may just ignore it.

Besides, there are few en.po files in the archive.  Do those actually
make sense?  If so you should distinguish between them and templates.
One could use pot-debconf://<package>.

Matthias