Re: Debian French localisation team completes the translation of debconf screens

Le samedi 3 mars 2007 17:50, Christian Perrier a écrit :
> This achievement, combined with the translation of the Debian
> Installer, is the guarantee that even a complete installation of a
> Debian system with all possible packages, when run in French, will
> only show French-speaking prompts to the user.

Still the package description is prompted in one language, which will at some
point show non localized text to the user.

In this way, I think the proposition at [1] should be discussed for sure.
"Package descriptions are what the user sees before even installing the
software. Translating them (by distributing Packages-xx.gz files) would also
benefit to our users."

Romain

[1]: http://www.debian.org/vote/2007/platforms/sho
--
In the beginning, there was but one concept,
And that's the concept of I.