Re: [g-i] new screenshots available

On 22.06.2006 04:01, Davide Viti wrote:
Dejavu 2.7 has made it into unstable and things are happening on the
font side. I just created a new set of screenshots in [1]; everything
is pretty much the best we can do atm, apart from Arabic / Farsi (see
#374720)
It would be interesting to have some feedback from native speakers; I'd be
particularly interested to know how is Vietnamese displayed using Dejavu
(we don't use freefont anylonger to display it) and how non-latin languages
look like.
I noticed that using experimental g-i images based on latest
libraries, everything looks more consistent, that's why I don't think
it's the right time to spend time on fixing fonts file: I think I'll give a go at font hacking once new libraries will be available.

regards,
Davide

[1] http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/gtk-frontend/screenshots/20060621_dejavu2.7/

http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/gtk-frontend/screenshots/20060621_dejavu2.7/et.png

Some cosmetic observations.

The "o tilde" looks a bit weird. The tilde seems to be too wide and too high, making the letter stand out very much. The letters with diaeresis have an odd diaeresis, where one of the dots (the left one) is more of a short line.

--
Siim Põder

"What the hell, he thought, you're only young once, and threw himself out of the window. That would at least keep the element of surprise on his side." - Douglas Adams
begin:vcard
fn;quoted-printable:Siim P=C3=B5der
n;quoted-printable:P=C3=B5der;Siim
adr:;;;Tallinn;;;Estonia