Re: licence of translations

On Sat, Jun 10, 2006 at 06:01:11PM +0200, Holger Levsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wednesday 07 June 2006 11:51, Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña wrote:
> > On Mon, Jun 05, 2006 at 02:48:30PM +0200, Michael Bramer wrote:
> > > In Germany you can't lost your Copyright. Like the right for free
> > > speach. But you can allow other to use your rights: use the programm,
> > > change it etc.
> > Are you sure about that? In Spanish copyright law you cannot lose the
> > "authorship" right of something [1] but you can waive other righs to third
> > parties (including "copying" rights, "translation" rights, "distribution"
> > rights, etc.) I though that Copyright law was similar across all EU
> > countries..
> > [1] I.e. the right that makes something need to be attributed to you.
>
> Yeah, thats the same in germany. Michael has probably mixed that up or
> whatever. In germany you cannot hand over authorship, but you can hand over
> copyright.

You can't lost the 'Urheberschutz' IMHO this is translated with
'copyright'

But you can give others the right to copy your work (license).

If you make a song, you have the 'Urheberschutz' aka 'copyright'.
You give a musik company the right to sell copys per I-Net, CD, ...
and you get some money (copy license). Normal they don't have the
permission to change your work etc.

Gruss
Grisu
--
Michael Bramer  -- http://www.feuerwehr.kreuzau.de/wiki/
"...anytime you install something new on the Windows platform, you risk spending