Re: [translate-pootle] Wordforge - Gasper

Gasper,

This is great stuff. Please let us talk more about it in July, after your exams.

Zejn Gasper wrote:

Indexing would be split; statistics, translation states and similar metadata would go into relational database for faster access. But for the PO/XLIFF files, I think I'd somehow rather go with (pickled) flatfiles.
This could be a real posibility, as it could really accelerate the merging processes, which will usually take place between an external file (which needs to be parsed anyway) and an internal one, which as things are now could be XLIFF, pickled or DB access. I would love to compare the performance of the last two approaches.

Javier