Wordforge

Hello,

I hope you don't mind me cross-posting to debian-i18n and
translate-pootle; the material concerns both groups.

unfortunately I am still busy with university stuff, I have a few exams
in the coming few days, and a couple more later on, but sun's already
shining through the clouds.

We had a successful meeting with Aigars, my SoC supervisor from Debian
last weekend in Riga (I was lucky with the weather!). I think the two
most important points Aigars outlined were that:

a) I have a lot of freedom on how to approach the project
b) it's a good idea to work on pootle in order to get their
developers ;)

We discussed the separation of pootle's backend from the frontend as a
viable short-term goal.  We also talked about many more things, from
available technologies to architectural issues.

Aigars promised me Subversion access to pootle's repository where I
could create a branch and work on it.  While I don't yet have code to
commit, I have been trying to get the gist of what you have and I would
like to commit some documentation notes on the current implementation.

It would also help to learn of the plans of the other pootle developers:
if a major architectural restructurisation is underway, that would
quickly render my branch obsolete. I saw a roadmap on the Wordforge
website. Are things moving in Pootle as fast as expected?  Aigars
mentioned some sort of a new push with extensive class hierarchy
charts, but I could not find them on the website.  Could anyone point
me in the right direction?

Sorry for the slow start, but I figure I'll have the entire summer for
this after I'm done with those dastardly exams.

Best regards,
--
Gintautas Miliauskas
http://gintasm.blogspot.com