[D-I] Proposal to reorganize levels for D-I translations

With all changes that occurred in D-I since the development of sarge,
the current "levels" of translation do not actually really reflect the
real order of importance of translations with regards of the number of
potential users.

In short, the priorities we give to translators are no longer fitting
the real needs.

For each level, one will find below:

-the current definition for putting something in that level
-the proposed new definition
-a short rationale
-the list of packages currently in that level, and a proposal of their
 future level
-the final list of packages in the level, after reorganization

level 1
-------

Old definition:
 All packages maintained in the D-I SVN tree
New definition:
 No change

Hence nothing changes here..:)

Maybe, someday, will we prioritize stuff here because translating
level2 or 3 or probably more important than translating some obscure
arch-specific packages. That would have a drawback: splitting the
master file in 2 or 3 parts...

level 2
-------

Old definition:
 All packages that interact with users while a Debian base system is
 installed, with the default level for the asked questions
 (high priority installs in D-I jargon)
New definition:
 No change

Some packages previously in level 2 do not fit this definition anymore.

	Now
		newt                 --> level 4
		tasksel              --> level 2
		iso-codes            --> level 2
		console-data         --> level 2
		popularity-contest   --> level 2
		exim4                --> level 2

	After reorganization
		tasksel
		iso-codes
		console-data
		popularity-contest
		exim4

level 3
-------

Old definition:
 All packages that interact with users during second stage optional
 steps.
New definition:
 All packages that display something translatable during default
 priority installs of the desktop task

Rationale: there's no more "2nd stage" and we should actually ACK that
desktop systems installs are those which benefit the most of
translation work.

	Now
		aptitude             --> level 4
		xdebconfigurator     --> removed
		localization-config  --> removed
		console-common       --> level 4
		dictionaries-common  --> level 4 (?)

	After reorganization
		menu
		xorg
		.../... (default desktop installs need investigation)

level 4
-------

Old definition:
  All internationalized packages that output messages to the screen
  during first and second stage.

New definition:
  "Important" packages, kept in D-I levels for historical purposes

Rationale:
  With the removal of second stage, there are no more packages that
  display stuff on the screen during the install. We however
  acknowledge that translating some "important" Debian packages is
  worth it.

	Now
		debconf (programs)   --> level 4
		dpkg                 --> level 4
		apt                  --> level 4

	After reorganization
		newt
		aptitude
		console-common
		dictionaries-common
		debconf (programs)
		dpkg
		apt
		debconf (debconf)

level 5
-------

Old definition:
 All packages that prompt users during a default install of a Debian
 desktop system.

New definition:
 Should no longer be used

Rationale: becomes "level 3"

	Now
		menu                 --> level 3
		xorg                 --> level 3
		debconf (debconf)    --> level 4

	After reorganization
		nothing..:-)

If you survived up to there, please comment....