Re: L10N howtos? D-I Manual

On Mon, Jun 05, 2006 at 10:05:29PM +0930, Clytie Siddall wrote:
> Hello all :)

Hi,

> Before using locales with character sets other than ASCII or latin1,
> please consult the appropriate localization HOWTO.
> _____________
>
> How is the user to know which HOWTO s/he should consult? Where are
> they? Do I need to prepare one for my language?

Well, the user should excercise google when he does not know.
Localization HOWTOs document ways how to localize your system to a
given language. HOWTOs are usually collected at http://www.tldp.org,
but the localization ones are often hosted elsewhere (on a place
specific for a given language -
http://docs.linux.cz/howto/czech-howto/ for Czech).

If there does not exist any for your language, you could start one if
you want and if you feel it is neccesary to tweak programs to make
them speak / accept input in Vietnamese.

Hope it helped
--
Miroslav Kure