Re: Locales and D-I Manual

Thanks to both Holger and Christian for their helpful replies. :)

On 04/06/2006, at 9:09 PM, Christian Perrier wrote:

However, I notice that console-data doesn't include any keyboard
layouts for Vietnamese.

Since this next Debian Installer will be the first to support our
language, this situation probably isn't surprising. But it should be
resolved, if possible.

Well, for that matter, I'm afraid it's up to the Vietnamese Linux
community to provide a keymap file suited for Vietnamese and then have
it integrated in console-data.

OK, I'll go hunting for one. :)

Overall, I was looking for the appropriate Vietnamese locale to set.
That should be a UTF-8 locale for Vietnamese, either vi.UTF-8 or
vi_VN.UTF-8. I'm looking in /usr/share/locale — is that the correct
location?

DI sets the locale to vi_VN.UTF-8, indeed..:-)

Good, just right.

I'll investigate why I don't have one under OSX...