Re: Auto-update Level 2

On 6/2/06, Clytie Siddall <clytie@riverland.net.au> wrote:
HI everyone :)

Level 2 auto-updates are a bit confusing right now.

On 31/05/2006, at 1:30 AM, Christian Perrier wrote:

> Changes for vi level 2
>    between 2006-05-29 10:00:07 -0600 and 2006-05-30 10:00:10 -0600
>
> Changed files:
>   * newt/newt/po/vi.po : 4t -> 4u
>
> Old totals: 728t2f0u
> New totals: 724t2f0u

The newt file has gone from empty to full more than once, and the
totals show 2 fuzzies, but don't tell me where they are.

That is perfectly ok and legal, it is the side effect of you not
updating on time the translations before a new translation has been
introduced (here newt has been reintroduced).

To make it more clearer, I'll give an example:

day X: there is a mail which announces that in package A there was an
update and you have now 95t2f3u. The package name is present there.
You seen the mail, but leave it for now because you can't do it right
now.

day X+n: there was a rework on package B, so there is another mail
announcing that changes have been done in B 93t4f3u. You know already
that you had 95t2f3u, but those f-s and u-s came from A. You say, ah,
another mail for level 2, I'll keep this one and delete the older, but
now you lost the information about the owners of the older 3f2u.

I hope this helps, at least that's how I did it for level 1 at first,
so I was initially confused; While for level 1 this is not such a
great deal because you are working with the master file, is an issue
for levels 2-5, because there you don't have the po-s merged.

--
Regards,
EddyP