Re: D-I manual and SVN

On 20/12/2006, at 10:46 PM, Jens Seidel wrote:

On Wed, Dec 20, 2006 at 09:59:47PM +1030, Clytie Siddall wrote:
I have been trying not to hover over my D-I Manual translation like a
broody hen, so I've pointedly left it alone for a while. Checking
today to see if it had hatched - er - produced any new strings, I
couldn't update my working copy via SVN.

I had to look up some words in my dictonary: broody hen hatched. Was
this intentional? I doubt I can remember these ...

It's an expression, a simile: hovering or clucking over something "like a broody hen", meaning your behaviour is like that of a hen, a female chicken, looking after her eggs. You get a bit obsessive. ;)

So "hatched" refers back to that metaphor: the hen broods over her eggs to hatch them. That's the change she is waiting for. So, if I've been getting a bit obsessive about updating this translation file, I can compare checking it for changed strings to the hen checking her eggs to see if they have hatched.

You probably have a very similar expression in your language. :)

The error was about the host key. I remember there were changes on
the Debian server. Do I need to do something to get SVN access
working again?

Whenever I get complains about a wrong host key ssh provides also the
solution. The message should be similar to:
The host key doesn't match the one in ~/.ssh/known_hosts line 111.

Hmm, yes.

Just edit this file and remove this affected line containing the old
key. During the next connection ssh asks you whether you accept the new
connection and adds the new key to known_hosts.

I do remember something about this, but I thought I _had_ deleted the old /etc/hosts line. I'll need to check again. Thankyou for your help. :)