Can't build manual same way on my machine

Hello,

how come I see no error when I build d-i manual on my machine? The
  http://people.debian.org/~fjp/d-i_manual/log/fi.log
shows this error:

Info: creating temporary .tex file...
openjade:build.tmp/install.fi.profiled.xml:413:10:E: character data is not allowed here
Error: build of pdf failed with error code 1
Info: creating temporary .html file...
Info: creating .txt file...
Warning: The following formats failed to build: pdf

Error: error building some output format(s) for 'mips'

I tried
  svn update
in directory trunk/manual, then the steps in translations_po.txt.new and
build/README.

 505  less debian/langlist
  506  scripts/merge_xml en
  507  scripts/update_pot
  508  scripts/update_po fi
  509  scripts/revert_pot
  510  scripts/create_xml fi
  511  ls
  512  ls build/
  513  build/buildone.sh --help
  514  build/buildone.sh mips fi pdf

I see no error.

This is bad. If I have to wait for the official builds, it takes weeks
to fix all build errors. And then I may not find the error, since line
numbers on the builds I do on my machine are not the same, so it is
hard to find where the error is.

--
Tapio Lehtonen
tapio.lehtonen@iki.fi