Re: Status of pootle@deb18n

On 27/11/2006, at 4:40 PM, Christian Perrier wrote:

Clytie wrote in debian-i18n mailing list:

I've been really looking forward to accessing my Debian files on
Pootle. How close are we to having our own Pootle at Debian? It would
be encouraging to see some progress reports. :)

Well, try having a look at http://i18n.debian.net:8080/

Ooh... :D

Please consider that *this is work in progress*. I could spend some
time on it yesterday and the current result is there. No idea whether
I will be able to enhance this soon as this requires online work and I
do most of my work offline.

Do NOT base any production work on this.

OK. Play only. :)

I'm currently trying to figure out the best way to organize D-I files
in the server, under a single project and still make it easy for these
files to be updated from their respective sources (SVN most of the
time).

Awkward. :S

So, even the projects are likely to be
removed/purged/re-arranged/whatever. The accounts are even likely to
be cleaned out/removed/whatever.....

People can try registering for accounts and mess up with files
there...if they can.

Please reports ideas/issues/whatever in the debian-i18n list.

OK.

This is NOT an announcement of the Debian i18n Pootle server. You can
spread the word but not too widely as we really don't want people to
think that the Debian i18n server is ready.

Ah, and we would very much welcome a nice mixed Debian/WordForge logo
for the server. Nicolas François already did a nice one with the
Pootle mascot and a swirl background.

Yes, it looks good. :)