Re: Internationalizing X.Org applications

On 23/11/2006, at 5:20 PM, Christian Perrier wrote:

Quoting Drew Parsons (dparsons@debian.org):
At X.org upstream a discussion has commenced about the best way to
internationalise X components using gettext and the like, see
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xorg/2006-November/019903.html

Alan Coopersmith invites feedback from experts with experience in this
area, so I'm forwarding the invitation to you in case you find it an
interesting project or discussion.

From what I've seen in this message, Alan's questions are mostly
related to the techniques of gettextification. This goes outside my
own field of expertise but I think that discussing that topic could
maybe be in the scope of some of the people in the debian-i18n crowd.

Please followup over there if you have the required skills...

I'd also suggest that if they want some translator feedback, point us to some current files prepared with their gettext tools.