Re: Status of the "NMU campaign"

On 08/10/2006, at 3:23 PM, Christian Perrier wrote:

Dear i18n team members,

On Oct. 1st, I announced the official launch of the NMU campaign to
fix pending l10n issues listed at
http://people.debian.org/~lwall/i18n/

Here is a first progress report (much can be seen on the web page):

- hesiod: completed and uploaded (maintainer agreed)
- dict-gcide: completed and uploaded (no news from maint.)
- cvs: work with maintainer. He will upload today
- atlas3: maintainer objected but does not answer anymore to
          further comments when I insist..:-)
- configure-debian: NMU announced today
- anacron: maintainer ACK'ed and will fix
- lvm2: no answer from maintainer. NMU announcement will be sent on Oct 11th
- colormake: no answer from maintainer. NMU announcement will be
             sent on Oct 12th
- amavis-stats: no answer from maintainer. NMU announcement will be
                sent on Oct 14th
- proofgeneral: no answer from maintainer. NMU announcement will be
                sent on Oct 14th

You've done very well, and I'm sure all translators who have seen their efforts languish in the BTS, as I have, appreciate your effort very much. :)

I'm feeling pretty much alone in this effort. Please note that
everybody can join, even non DD's (the uploads can be sponsored).

Doing only one new package per day, I will never succeed to complete
the longstanding issues all y myself. Please, please, join....:-)

What can I do to help?

I don't have a lot of time to donate, but I'll do what I can. :)