Re: DDTP on packages.debian.org

On Tue, Oct 03, 2006 at 04:01:51PM +0200, Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:

> The translations currently on the mirrors are quite out of date.
> Apparently they are a one time import done by the ftp-masters. The
> updated translation files are available on ddtp.debian.net. You can
> point apt there to use them, but it would be much nicer if the mirrors
> were kept up to date...

Yes, I know that, but I'm talking about something different. When you
visit http://packages.debian.org and search for some package, let's
say mutt http://packages.debian.org/testing/mail/mutt, the description
was localized on the *web page*.

I don't know about the programming logic behind the page, but I guess
it was not tied to APT back then? Therefore it could work even now
without the need for patched apt?

--
Miroslav Kure