Re: Please DO NOT waste your time translating qmail-src debconf templates
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Please DO NOT waste your time translating qmail-src debconf templates
- From: Ming Hua <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 17:31:26 -0500
- Message-id: <20060925223126.GA5344@mountain>
- In-reply-to: <20060925052050.GM5957@djedefre.onera>
- References: <20060925052050.GM5957@djedefre.onera>
On Mon, Sep 25, 2006 at 07:20:50AM +0200, Christian Perrier wrote:
> Given the attitude of the maintainer in #388952, I'm afraid that the
> only sane recommendation I can make for Debian translators is to avoid
> wasting their time translating the deebconf templates of the package
> named "qmail-src".
After (briefly) reading the bug report, I understand your frustration.
Apparently Jon, the maintainer of qmail-src, feels differently about
what a debconf template should and shouldn't do.
I don't know how many translators agree with me, but I would suggest
removing qmail-src from DDTP/DDTSS if it's easy, to make sure qmail-src
is at the lowest priority on translator's list.