Re: Funny timezones

On 23/09/2006, at 3:21 PM, Christian Perrier wrote:

Yep, you're right. I did not found it there because I compared the time of the mails. The problem is Clyties obscure timeshift of 9 hours and 30 minutes against
UTC :-))

Well, welcome to Australia....:-)

South Australia's timezone, ACST, is *really* UTC +0930. Queensland,
NSW and Victoria (The eastern part of AUS) are AEST and UTC+1000,
while Western AUS is UTC+0800.

There are a few "weird" timezones in the world, which non integer
differences with UTC. The biggest one covers India at UTC+0530 and the
weirdest covers Nepal at, IIRC UTC+0545.....:-)....so when you cross
the border from India to nepal you change your watch's time by 15
minutes.

Thanks for explaining that, Christian. :)

The D-I Level 1 PO file makes a useful UTC reference nowadays!