Re: DDTP: Word wrap in package descriptions

On 22/09/2006, at 6:36 PM, Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:

On 9/22/06, Clytie Siddall <clytie@riverland.net.au> wrote:
> It's probably libtext-wrapi18n-perl.
> I don't know if it deals nicely with all languages (e.g. what about
> Vietnamese?).

I haven't become involved with the DDTP temporary frontend, since I'm
waiting for the Pootle integration, but I'm happy to test anything
for you. Our language works well as a test case for Unicode support
etc. (which is a tactful way of saying it tends to break things ;) ).

Well, do you know if the Text::WrapI18N perl module works ok for your
language? I've looked at that module and while I think the coding
isn't great, the algorithm looks fairly straight-forward.

I have no knowledge of the module, unfortunately. I don't know what the issues would be. Breaking at whitespace would be safe, however. We don't have any long words, which should also help.

I see there are no vietnamese package translations in the official
project, but maybe you have some simple texts I can test on?

Plain text or formatted? There are plenty of Vietnamese webpages from which you can copy text, or I can just send you some files. Tell me what would be helpful.