Re: Package description stats

On Mon, Aug 21, 2006 at 03:20:58PM +0200, Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:
> On 8/21/06, Jens Seidel <jensseidel@users.sf.net> wrote:
> >Priority in Packages file
> >Lang    Required        Important       Standard
> >cs      55/57           51/52           81/84
>
> This means that 55 of 57 priority "required" packages have been translated.
> 51 of 52 priority "important" and
> 81 of 84 priority "standard" have been translated.

Ah, thanks. I assumed there is a new numerical score in Packages files
to which you refer. It's also confusing, that "Pending translation"
mentions such a numerical score: (priority 47).

I suggest you remove "Priority in Packages file" and replace it with
something as:
"Number of translated package descriptions per category from the Package
file:"

> It doesn't directly have anything to do with the priorities assigned
> by the DDTS. It should, but it doesn't right now...

Do you know how the DDTS priorities are determined? Using popcon?
It would be nice to document this.

> I've added some blurb, does that help?

Yep, that's better. A s/numbes/numbers/ is still missing.

Jens