Re: Well done de l10n team

On Wed, Aug 16, 2006 at 02:35:35PM +0200, Frans Pop wrote:
> On Wednesday 16 August 2006 08:26, Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:
> > In just the last day the de team has translated 79 descriptions, 42 of
>
> I'd like to make one comment on that though. I had a quick look yesterday
> at your web frontend and took a look at the translation for mutt.

Yesterday? Look at it again, it's now completely different and much improved!

> This may have been an exception, but I rather doubt it. At the very least
> a spellcheck should be done for all translated descriptions.

Yep. My script which I posted to this list could transfer all these typo fixes
very easily to the DDTP.

> I also don't much like the fact that the translation of the package
> descriptions for Dutch is being done without any involvement of the
> existing Dutch translation team (at least, I don't remember seeing any
> mails about it on the list).

It was announced to debian-i18n. Now it's your task to contact your language
team. I also contacted debian-user-german and we got many translations from
people on this list!

> I'd very much like to see a more public review process where new/updated
> translations are sent to the team list with a reply set to the translator
> or something.

Since you wrote this mail already a few minutes ago, I'm sure it's already
implementated. No joke! Martijn fixes bugs and performs improvements much
faster than I can report these.

> My compliments for taking the initiative though.

I have to thank too for the really great work of Martijn.

Jens