Re: D-I Manual - Major commits to prepare for addition of AMD64 variant

On Tuesday 08 August 2006 00:50, Frans Pop wrote:
> Translators
> ===========
> The good news is: so far there is no translation work involved and all
> translated XML files have been "unfuzzied" (provided the translation
> was up-to-date).

I have just discovered that for PO-based translations this is not quite
true: there are about 15 strings fuzzy as a result of the changes. This
is because my "unfuzzying" attempt did not work.

However, I also see that doing this automatically could be risky because
of line breaks in translations. Because the number of affected strings is
so small, I have decided it's better to let translators correct these
manually.

In most cases it's a simple replacement from "i386" to "x86" inside
<phrase> tags in the strings. The quicker you update these, the less
chance there is there will also be other changes in the strings you need
to check for!

Cheers,
FJP