Re: Summary of Debconf i18n/l10n activities

> They did with the wiki content, probably they will do the same thing
> or something similar with Rosetta translations. The question is if it
> will be free.

Everything related to Rosetta is currently assumed by me of *not*
being free.

> >        The real problem, is that we have reports of people overwritten
> >translation using Rosetta, and usually, with bad translations, which
> >means that we can trust *our* translation, but we still need to check
> >if it is worthwhile to review translation from others or just translate
> >it again in the "Right Way (tm)" (and there is still the license problem,
> >how to push something without being allowed to).
>
> If the content we're merging is free, there's no problem show this to the
> reviewer and let him accept or refuse the translation. It's way simpler to
> do
> than rewrite everything again. If the translation was overwritten in a
> 'source' (eg:
> Rosetta), we should show the translation we've and the alternative
> translations as suggestions.

This is mor eor less how I see the future system to deal with
conflicting translations. In short, any translation will have an
"owner" and all "concurrent" translations will be handled as suggested
changes.