Re: Summary of Debconf i18n activities

Hello

I read your report Christian, and it is very good. My diff is empty.

:-)

On Tue, May 23, 2006 at 10:49:39PM +0200, Stefano Canepa wrote:
> Il giorno lun, 22/05/2006 alle 18.27 -0500, Christian Perrier ha
> scritto:
> >   Translation modules
> >   -------------------
> >  - Translation teams define their own processes from a set a
> > standardized
> >    actions:
> >    - TTD (Translation To Do)
> >    - TTU (Translation To Update)
> >    - RFR (Request For Review)
> >    - Reviewed (with counter) == LCFC (Last Chance For Comments)
> >    - Pushed to maintainer via Debian BTS
> >    - Pushed to maintainer via another BTS
> >    - Ready for Use
> >  - Different processes for different types of translations
> >  - Branching translations with merge features
> >    (manually or automaticall for stable/testing/unstable)
>
> I think that other way to push should be consider, too. A description
> was considered ok from DDTP if all three reviewers did not submit any
> comment/modification.

for the record:

the new system should support both.

 - the TTD/TTU/RFR/... system.
   I think we don'r need the mail for change the status of a
   translation. The TTD/TTU/RFR/... are something like a state in the
   state machine in the new system and the system should make some
   nice stats pages

   If the system find a new translation, this is a TTD
   If the system find translation that need a update -> TTU
   If a translator upload a new translation -> RFR
   after some time the translation get the state 'LCFC'
   etc

 - the ddtp-Process
   A translator and X needed reviewer. Only if all of them say 'ok'
   the translation is finished.

The both review system should be select per Project/lang-team

Gruss
Grisu
--
Michael Bramer  -  a Debian Linux Developer      http://www.debsupport.de
"ich kenne XXXXX eigentlich nur mit schlechter laune, okay ab und zu