Re: Google summer of code

On 03/05/2006, at 8:42 PM, Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña wrote:

We would like to be able to tie that up with some generic interface already
available (like Pootle) but someone needs to assess if:

- it would be viable for Debian i18n/l10n work (since not all the i18n/l10n sources are PO-based and I believe those frameworks rely heavily on it)

Just on the Pootle [1] angle, it has already integrated the Translate Toolkit and po4a filters, so it handles a wide range of formats. The developers are happy to integrate any other conversions required.

[1] http://translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/pootle