Re: Debconf translation of Apache modules

On 21/04/2006, at 11:31 PM, Pawel Wiecek wrote:

On Apr 21,  1:35pm, Thomas Huriaux wrote:
Pawe=C5=82, can you please give some guidelines to i18n people to know what
is the best solution for you to translate these debconf templates and
how you intend to spread translations among all packages?

You just need to translate them once and send in a bugreport for whichever of these packages. The template files are bit-for-bit identical, so I'll just be
merging translations into one of them and copy them around.

This is probably only a temporary solution, I hope to put these translations along with related scripts to a common package, possibly apache- common if I
manage to coordinate this with apache maintainers.

An apache-common package would be a big help, and a definite efficiency step, Pawel. I translated the debconf templates not so long ago, and I started to see some of those Apache server strings in my sleep... ;)