Re: Third call for votes for the debian project leader election 2006

On 4/6/06, Wouter Verhelst <wouter@debian.org> wrote:
> > Nobody's saying that you are going to stop being a developer. You can
> > be proud of what you do being a developer. You've earned that status.
> >
> > But requiring people who are not software developers to understand
> > they suddenly have become developers because Debian is special is a
> > little far fetched.
>
> I don't see why.

Because we should not redefine common used language in order not to
offend present DDs, but we should make it clear that DD does not have
to be == packager/coder.

Because the people aproaching Debian should not go away because they
realise we are redefinig words. Heck, we _shouldn't_ redefine them. Is
a really broad acception that developer==code developer==programmer.

--
Regards,
EddyP