Re: Third call for votes for the debian project leader election 2006

On 2006/04/06, at 17:00, Eddy Petrişor wrote:

On 4/6/06, JC Helary <jch.helary@free.fr> wrote:
How about calling it New Developer if that's what it should be?

New Member ?

That would have the advantage (and disadvantage, at the same time) the
the abbreviation stays the same.

And also the advantage of being consistent with the glossary (where Developer=Member) and the constitution (where Developer=Member).

A person who has completed the New Member process obviously becomes a Member :) So grammatically it also has the advantage of being clear :)

Disadvantage, because the change will not be so evident from the
outside (more of a publicity issue, but that is what a part of the
problem is, so we need to change the image that DD=package maintainer)

No because, as you'll see in my edits to cobako's proposal, the aim is to have people think in terms of "membership" and not in terms of "developership". Which will obviously make it easier for long term non-maintainer contributors to understand that they are also welcome. All this is really a perception problem.

Jean-Christophe Helary