Re: Third call for votes for the debian project leader election 2006

On Wednesday 05 April 2006 08:27, MJ Ray wrote:
> Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@debian.org>
>
> >         Now, if there are people like that who are not DD's, the
> >  question we must ask, is wjy are they not DD's?  If they are putting
> >  in the work, and have the same commitment as a DD does, even if they
> >  do not package stuff, why is the project not treating them as first
> >  class members?
>
> "The Debian New Maintainer process is a series of required
> proceedings to become a Debian Developer."
>  -- http://www.debian.org/devel/join/newmaint
>
> How can someone who is not a package maintainer become a
> developer, if becoming a developer requires being a maintainer?

The 'Maintainer' in NM is a misnomer, I understand it is possible to go
through NM as a translator or documentation writer.

So maybe what we need to do is to rename NM to NC (new contributor) with
subpages detailing the differnet T&S for the different classes of
contributors.
--
Cheers, cobaco (aka Bart Cornelis)