Re: http://www.debian.org/intl/l10n/ popularity sorting?

I think most of us can agree that the perfect solution would be to sort
debconf translation using by_inst and program translations using
by_vote.
I think the current by_inst sorting is very helpful, and is the best
choice of the two, if it is hard to apply two different sorting sources.

Actually I believe that the by_vote statistics for program translations
could have been a quite unique reference for external translation
efforts (not tied to Debian); What other place can you get a better clue
as to how often your next Linux translation will be used?

Regarding Jacobs suggestion to merge the untranslated and partially
translated packages into one table, I tend to disagree. Personally, I
think translaters should give priority to updating partial translations,
since they are generally much more confusing to the user than
consistently English applications.
Thus the current layout, where partial translations are listed in a
separate table ABOVE the untranslated packages is fine IMHO.

BTW, is there an easy way to collect all/most existing po files for one
language? I would like to try filling all Danish po files into a giant
kbabel compendium for reference.

Claus

--
Ph.D. student Claus Hindsgaul