dpkg accelerators

Hi everyone :)

I'm reviewing my dpkg translation (which is taking much longer than I'd anticipated), and I'd like to be able to set some more intuitive accelerators.

In the set of strings beginning:
____
#:dselect/main.cc:138
msgid "a"
msgstr "a"

#:dselect/main.cc:138
msgid "[A]ccess"
msgstr "[A]Truy cập"
____

Can I change the character selected in the original strings?

For example:
____
#:dselect/main.cc:138
msgid "a"
msgstr "t"

#:dselect/main.cc:138
msgid "[A]ccess"
msgstr "[T]ruy cập"
____

?

It would be much more useful to my user group.

Is this possible? Or would it break something?

Any advice, as always, warmly appreciated. :)