Re: DocBook support in OmegaT

On 16/01/2006, at 12:23 AM, JC Helary wrote:

I just added rudimentary DocBook support to OmegaT (1.6RC5).

Those who want to test that please contact me offlist I'll send you my build.

It is pretty simple stuff so don't expect magic, but it works (at least with the files I've tested).

That's good news, JC!

I've found that Docbook files can vary a lot, with some unconvertable via current XML2PO filters, but being able to handle the majority would be a major advantage. The emerging standards, hopefully, will clean up these disparities.

Mike's also currently building XML support, including DocBook, into LocFactoryEditor. Great minds think alike... ;)

One thing they do at Gnome which I have found to be a huge help, is have all their docs which use gnome-doc-utils (a large and increasing proportion) available online in both DocBook and PO formats.

http://kvota.net/doc-l10n/by-modules.html

so their stuff must convert OK.