Re: A couple of installation manual translation PO/XML questions

On 26/12/2005, at 2:09 AM, Changwoo Ryu wrote:

Thanks for the explanation. Although Vietnamese uses a Roman script,
I'd certainly be in favour of translating these entities: "debian-
installer" is meaningless to someone who doesn't speak English.

Well if you read the manual, you will see "debian-installer" is being
used to indicate a package name or a program command name. I'm not sure
if you want to translate all of "base-config", "tasksel", "tzsetup",
"aptitude", ...   :)

Ah, it's a name. ;)  Good point.

I haven't got that far in the manual, yet. The first three files aren't big on facts: as my grandfather marked page 123 of a thesis he had to evaluate, "Thus far introduction." :D

The next file is the installation howto, so that will be more practical.

<Clytie sharpens a whole box of new pencils>