Re: A couple of installation manual translation PO/XML questions

2005-12-24 (토), 20:11 +1030, Clytie Siddall 쓰시길:

> 1. When I see a string like:
>
> &d-i; home page
>
> and I realize that "d-i" is going to mean nothing to my community,
> can I translate that abbreviation and simply allocate the & to
> another letter? Or is it a literal?

They are XML entities.  &d-i; will be replaced with "debian-installer"
and &debian; is "Debian GNU/Linux".  You can't translate such entities.

But in some communities it's better to "translate" them (in a different
script for example).  See #344048.

--
Changwoo Ryu <cwryu@debian.org>