Re: Work on a centralized infrastructure for i18n/l10n

> I remember a discussion at Solutions Linux with another famous
> contributor of the French l10n community. He was asking me when we
> would drop our basic scheme to handle translation/review/validation
> processes in out mailing list. He was calling this process "very basic
> and inefficient".

Here's my $0.02 to the discussion..

I work a lot with forensics. The main issue with evidence is that all
steps in the process needs to be verified and approved (by at least 2
persons).
This could also apply on translations.

Take Ubuntu's Rosetta for example.. very good.. BUT! There are no process
for approving or reviewing translations. Downside is also that work done
there rarely see the world outside.

My idea would be:

- Web based with PO download/upload
- Role based (administrator, translator etc)
- Process for a person to review individual strings and approve.
- Each string needs approvement from at least 1 person
- Status codes for each translation: alpha, beta, under review, approved.

"More eyes see more".

Regards,
Daniel
(Swedish translator)