Re: Work on a centralized infrastructure for i18n/l10n

Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña <jfs@computer.org> (21/12/2005):
> - a way to work with things that are not po files:
> 	* wml files
> 	* some documents (XML or SGML)
> 	* manpages
>
> [...]
>
> [ Note: I know we have po4a but sometimes upstream won't introduce the use of
> po regardless of how we ask for it ]

IMO, that's not the best approach. If the upstream maintainer does not
want to use po4a, we should find a way to use po4a in parallel, i.e.
having the translators working only on po files and sending the
regenerated documents upstream. We should definitely try to drop these
unfriendly formats for translators.

The goal is therefore more to create the infrastructure to handle this
situation than to try to keep these formats and work with them.

Cheers,

--
Thomas Huriaux