Re: [d-i] Ubuntu-related strings in apt-setup

On Mon, Nov 14, 2005 at 09:33:24AM +0000, Colin Watson wrote:
> They're not too different from the normal strings, and I made
> sure to put translator comments in the additional templates to say that
> they're only used in a derived distribution.

The comments now looks like this:

--- 8< ---

#. Type: boolean
#. Description
#. This template is used by the Ubuntu version of d-i.
#: ../apt-mirror-setup.templates-ubuntu:5
msgid "Use restricted software?"
msgstr ""

#. Type: boolean
#. Description
#: ../apt-mirror-setup.templates-ubuntu:5
msgid ""
"Some non-free software is available in packaged form. Though this software "
"is not a part of the main distribution, standard package management tools "
"can be used to install it. This software has varying licenses which may "
"prevent you from using, modifying, or sharing it."
msgstr ""

It seems the comments are only added to the first string among the ones
in the same line of the template, and not the following strings.  I
think it may cause some wrong impression (altough it's easy to tell by
just looking at the .templates-ubuntu suffix).  So if this is hard to
fix in gettext, maybe you can change the comments to something like "The
following two strings are used..."?

Thanks,
Ming
2005.11.14