Re: Please update debconf PO translation for the package console-data

Quoting Danilo Piazzalunga (danilopiazza@gmail.com):
> Christian Perrier wrote:
> > For French, I translated it to:
> >
> > "Turc (sunt5-trqalt)"
>
> I wonder if we have to specify whether it is a Q layout or an F layout, or if
> that difference matters anyway.

I think this matters for Turkish users, yes. So I'd recommend
mentioning this is a Q layout. I however assumed that "trqalt" is
enough for this...

> > But as these sun* keyboards are all shown on Sparc installs, this
> > would give a very repetitive list of "Sun whatever" stuff...
>
> In the English file there are lots of "whatever (amiga)", "whatever (atari)"
> and "whatever (Mac)" keymaps. What about these? Should we keep specifying
> what type they are?

My advice would be "no". Or rather use the exact keyboard layout name
as a guide...