Re: Announce of the upcoming NMU for the etherconf package

Quoting Luk Claes (Luk.Claes@UGent.be):

> Well, I shouldn't send these mails at 4am, but I think any sane person
> knows it are just left overs from a similar mail. So, sorry to anyone who
> got confused or misinterpreted the message.

This is why I'm using a script for putting the correct dates in the
right place for my similar announcements..:-)

(please don't laugh with my deep shell programming skills. I know I
shouldn't fork sed 7 times....:-))

----------------------snip-------------------------------
#!/bin/sh
export DATEFMT="+%d %b %Y"

tempfile=`tempfile`

if [ "$1" != "" ]
then
	DAY00=`date "$DATEFMT"`
	DAY01=`date "$DATEFMT" --date "7 days"`
	DAY02=`date "$DATEFMT" --date "10 days"`
	DAY03=`date "$DATEFMT" --date "12 days"`
	DAY04=`date "$DATEFMT" --date "14 days"`
	DAY05=`date "$DATEFMT" --date "15 days"`

	cat  ~/src/debian/translation/po/NMU/texts/intent.txt |\
	    sed "s/<package>/$1/g" |\
	    sed "s/<DAY00>/$DAY00/g" |\
	    sed "s/<DAY01>/$DAY01/g" |\
	    sed "s/<DAY02>/$DAY02/g" |\
	    sed "s/<DAY03>/$DAY03/g" |\
	    sed "s/<DAY04>/$DAY04/g" |\
	    sed "s/<DAY05>/$DAY05/g" \
	    > $tempfile
	mutt -i $tempfile -s "Intent to NMU $1 to fix its l10n bug(s)" $1@packages.debian.org
else
	echo Usage: $0 paquet
fi

rm -f $tempfile 2>/dev/null || true
----------------------snip-------------------------------

intent.txt is:

Dear Debian maintainer,

The <package> Debian package, which you are the maintainer of, has at

blah blah.....

The schedule for the NMU (in case it happens, that is if you agree with
it or if I don't receive any answer in 7 days) is roughly the
following:

-<DAY00>   : send this notice
-<DAY01>   : post a NMU announcement to debian-i18n with you
                (maintainer) CC'ed
-<DAY02>   : deadline for receiving translation updates
-<DAY03>   : build the package and upload it to DELAYED/2-day
                send the NMU patch to the BTS
-<DAY04>   : NMU uploaded to incoming
-<DAY05>   : NMU enters unstable

The patch for the NMU will then be sent to one of the l10n bugs so
that you may incorporate it to your development tree later.

I will then subscribe to the Package Tracking System for <package> and

blah blah.....