Re: Work on a centralized infrastructure for i18n/l10n

On Saturday 24 December 2005 05:52, Clytie Siddall wrote:

> >> What a great feature....and, for sure, XLIFF editors are the only
> >> tools to have it.
> >
> > I may misremember completely, but I am almost certain KBabel had
> > this feature four or five years ago (when I last used the program).
>
> If we're talking about filling in translation fields with exact or
> fuzzy matches from existing translation memory, don't most
> translation editors have this feature, including gettext itself?

If I remember correctly from discussions on the xliff-tools list XLIFF
allows competing fuzzy matches to be retained in the file-format, whereas
po only allows one match to be retained.

I also gathered that XLIFF differentiates between different kinds of fuzzy
state (such as 'generated from TM' vs 'not reviewed yet')
--
Cheers, cobaco (aka Bart Cornelis)