Re: Quotation marks - commit planned for language css in webwml

tirsdag 20 desember 2005, 23:02, skrev Jutta Wrage:
> Am 20.12.2005 um 07:41 schrieb Bjørn Steensrud:
 >> Norwegian
 >> >  First alternative, but change inner quotes to U+2018 and U+2019
 > > This is taken from the translator's guidelines for Skolelinux.
 > > > Added as alternative 3 and commited for no, nb, nn

Thank you!
But I wish you would put it as alternative 1 - the current alternative 1 is
clearly wrong as its inner quotes are never used in Norwegian.
Actually correct typographical usage is the outer quotes of the current alt. 1
and the inner quotes of alt. 2. The guidelines I referred to are set up
through consultation with Norsk Språkråd, an official language council.

> Please verify the quotes in good (maybe older) books.

I have verified «» in good books, will have to search more to find examples of
inner quotes. " " have of course been sneaking into daily use because people
can't find «» on their keyboards these days ... and ‘’ must be fetched from
character selection tools :-)

> greetings
> Jutta

hilsen Bjørn