Re: Icelandic activity

On Thu, Nov 03, 2005 at 06:38:46PM +0000, David Geirsson wrote:
> Hi all,

Hi,

> After some dull time it seems there is interest in the Icelandic
> translation after all. debian-user-icelandic has been abuzz with
> interested parties, and the plan is to meet monday night and translate
> some more of level1.

Good news!

> Is there a list of .po files that make up level1.po? I have to split it
> up into manageable chunks to give to people, that I can then merge into
> the main file. I'll work on it this weekend, but it'd be nice to have
> any pointers.

There is only one po file: is.po. You can obtain it using
svn co svn://anonymous@svn.d-i.alioth.debian.org/svn/d-i/trunk/packages/po
(sorry, don't know how to checkout only a single file and the web front
end http://svn.alioth.debian.org/ refers to the arch repository!!! :-))

I suggest you send the full is.po file to translators together with a
list of lines each translator should translate. Such as

translator 1: lines    1-1000
translator 2: lines 1010-2000
translator 3: lines 2010-3000

Ask for patches from each translator (diff -u is.po.orig is.po > my.patch)
and you can patch all these changes into your local file without conflicts
(because of the small gap of 10 lines).

After recieving all the patches you can translate lines 1001-1009,
2001-2009, ...

Jens