Re: Two more Aptitude enquiries

Quoting Clytie Siddall (clytie@riverland.net.au):
> I'm still trying to work out from your response, Christian, if it's OK
> to send these to the list (as long as I Cc the maintainer). I think I
> should send them to the list, since they're issues on which other
> translators may already have experience, or which they may encounter.
> What do you think?
>
> Meanwhile (and since my wily son has disappeared from Jabber :) ):
>
> 1.
>
> >src/load_grouppolicy.cc:177
> >"Dep-generating grouping policies take no arguments"
>
> I'm at a bit of a loss for "dep". Depth? Departure? Some peculiar
> abbreviation for Description?

Dependencies. Dependency handling is one of the best recognized
qualities of Debian packages and the whole dependency handling system
is a key feature of all software (such as aptitude) which deal with
package installation.

> 2.
>
> >src/main.cc:68
> >"%s %s compiled at %s %s\n"
>
> At a certain time? At a certain speed? Over a certain time? At a
> certain place? The three "ats" here are not the same word or structure
> in my language. :(

>From the sources:

static void show_version()
{
  printf(_("%s %s compiled at %s %s\n"),
	   PACKAGE, VERSION, __DATE__, __TIME__);
#ifdef __GNUC__
  printf(_("Compiler: g++ %s\n"), __VERSION__);
#endif
#ifdef NCURSES_VERSION
  printf(_("\nNCurses version: %s\n"), NCURSES_VERSION);
#else
  printf(_("\nCurses version: %s\n"), curses_version());
#endif
  printf(_("libsigc++ version: %s\n"), SIGC_VERSION);
}

First %s: software name
Second: software version
Third: Date of compilation