Re: [RANT] French translation for debconf templates stucked at 90% : analysis

Selon Marco d'Itri <md@Linux.IT>:

> On Jun 27, Nicolas Bertolissio <nico.bertol-no-spam@free.fr> wrote:
>
> > This is because you do this the wrong way, you should ask translators
> > from your templates to update their translations _before_ uploading,
> > this can be done winthin 3 / 4 days with translation being proofread by
> > the translation team.
>
> Agreed. Do we have an infrastructure to upload new template files?

It's underway here:
http://cvs.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/dl10n/?cvsroot=debian-l10n

For now, there is only tools to gather statistics from the debian packages, and
display it in the same manner than
 http://www.debian.org/intl/l10n/
does, but the final plan is to put all the translations found in the packages in
a CVS tree (easy since we have to find them to do the current stats), and design
the needed corresponding tools for both translators and packagers.

But, dudes, I cannot write all the damn scripts we need to get Debian not only
usable by 40% of the earth but also by non [native] english speakers...

That all to say that all technical issues you raised so far are known, that we
leak the manpower to plug them right now, and that we all have to deal with that
fact. Translators struggle with emails, mailing list and the BTS even if they
only constitute crude solutions (how to update a translation submitted to the
BTS?), so it would be fair if the packagers not already doing so would take the
needed half an hour to upload their work...

Thanks for your time, Mt.