Re: proposal how to improve current Debian l10n framework

On Wed, Mar 24, 2004 at 02:38:19PM +0100, Jure Cuhalev wrote:
> Na 1080124648, 2004-03-24 ob 11:37, je Nikolai Prokoschenko napisal(a):
> > I'm all for this l10n project. If any help is needed, I'll do my best to
> > help.

So am I. I'm working on making each pieces possible since a few years, and
I've the feeling that you're right. It's time to step further, and make the
central repository alive.

> Great, then I'll create new alitoh project and we can start hacking
> things together if there are no major objections to this plan...

Please call it dl10n, or something else clearly indicating that this is a
debian effort. I do not plan to close the doors to outside projects, but I'd
like to avoid making the error of the TP again, which name does not
indicates who is behind the project.

Please keep us informed when it's done. You may want to have a look at:
  http://cvs.debian.org/webwml/english/international/l10n/?cvsroot=webwml
and especially at scripts/transmonitor-check which is the script crawling
the packages to search the current state of translation. It would be nice to
change this in order of getting the current content of Denis's page moved
directly to your cvs/svn.

Thanks, Mt.

--
There is no experimental demonstration of your theorem.
          -- Anonymous reviewer