Re: proposal how to improve current Debian l10n framework

On Wed, Mar 24, 2004 at 11:21:13AM +0100, Jure Cuhalev wrote:

> [About the whole l10n process]

Well, everything you described is exactly what I have mentioned several
times in debian-boot@l.d.o as my wish about how to handle l10n.  For
example, look at the
http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2004/debian-boot-200403/msg04310.html
for an example.

Look at these pages: http://people.debian.org/~barbier/l10n/material/

Denis Barbier has made almost all of the work necessary ;) All we need now
is to feed these things in a SVN repository and establish some status
pages like the ones of KDE project and also make sure the translations
also get back to the maintainers.

Speaking of which - if such an effort will be established
(http://l10n.debian.org or something) maybe some debhelper script could be
created, which would update the translations automagically from SVN. This
way, the maintainers wouldn't get flooded with wishlist l10n bugs and the
translators wouldn't have to bother opening them ;)

I'm all for this l10n project. If any help is needed, I'll do my best to
help.

--
Nikolai Prokoschenko
nikolai@prokoschenko.de / Jabber: pronik@jabber.org