(forw) [Translate-devel] Tools for localization development!

In case this may interest some readers of this list....or maybe give
ideas to people looking for stuff to package...:-)

----- Forwarded message from "Alberto Escudero (IT46)" <aep@it46.se> -----

From: "Alberto Escudero (IT46)" <aep@it46.se>
To: translate-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Translate-devel] Tools for localization development!
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 10:15:02 +0300 (EAT)

Dar es Salaam. November 23, 2004 9:41 PM
Localization Tools Development!

   Today, 23th November 2004 we are proud to announce the release of four
   tools  that  aim  to  help  the  localization  of free and open source
   software.  The  tools  are  released under the terms of the GNU Lesser
   General Public License.

     KiPot  1.1  :  KiPot  is  a discussion tool developed to support the
   localization  of  free  and  open  source software. KiPot is an online
   discussion  board that enables the communication between technical and
   linguistic experts. The tool aims to facilitate the development of new
   glossaries.
   Kipot: http://www.it46.se/kipot

     KiChapa  0.1  :  KiChapa  is  a Multilingual Search-Engline based on
   OpenOffice  1.1.3m47  localization  work.  KiChapa is a front-end to a
   relational   database   that  contains  every  string  that  has  been
   translated in OpenOffice 1.1.3. The current version supports: English,
   Spanish, French, Swedish and German.
   KiChapa: http://www.kilinux.org/kiblog/kichapa

     KamusiTZ  0.1  :  KamusiTZ  is  our  first  mirror version of Kamusi
   Project   Internet  Living  Swahili  Dictionary,  based  at  the  Yale
   University  Council  on  African Studies. KamusiTZ is a light-weighted
   implementation  of  Yale's  Swahili Online Dictionary. KamusiTZ 0.1 is
   currently implementing search and data syncronization functionalities.
   KamusiTZ: http://www.kilinux.org/kiblog/kamusi
   More info:
   http://www.kilinux.org/kiblog/archives/permalinks/2004-10-27T22_27_59.
   html

     IkakiSpell  0.1 : Ikakispell is a client-server software that allows
   a  third  party  application  to  spellcheck  a word or a set of words
   against  a Microsoft Office 2003 dictionary. IkakiSpell is composed of
   a   Win32   C#/VB   .NET   Server  (ikakispelld)  and  a  Perl  Client
   (ikakispellc).
   Ikakispell: http://www.it46.se/ikakispell

   Although  the  tools has been designed to satisfy our special needs at
   the Open Swahili Localization Project, we have put special effort in a
   clean  design  to allow other localization efforts to reuse and extend
   our code.

   Special  acknowledgement  goes  to  Iñaki Cívico Campos for his C#, VB
   .NET work with ikakispelld and Louise Berthilson for her PHP work with
   Kipot, Kichapa and KamusiTZ.

	Best regards,
	/aep